Diversity, equity, and inclusion are intensely scrutinised across the travel and hospitality industry. Gender diversity, especially, is capturing attention as women represent a significant share of industry employees. However, a recurring theme in the industry is the challenges women face in obtaining promotions, earning the same salaries as men, and advancing into leadership roles.
Women Leading Travel & Hospitality, NAPCO Research, and the Cornell Peter and Stephanie Nolan School of Hotel Administration’s Center for Hospitality Research partnered to conduct a workplace gender diversity study based on a large sample of industry participants. The survey-based research focused on the status of DEI efforts in the travel and hospitality industry to uncover how organisations address gender equality while providing a reference point to measure future progress.
The report focused on:
- The industry’s perception regarding gender issues and the challenges women face in advancement to leadership roles.
- Industry progress over the last five years on DEI efforts.
- Areas for improving gender diversity and inclusion throughout the industry, including leadership positions.
- Differences in perspective by gender on opportunities for advancement and compensation.
- Tactics organisations have implemented to improve gender equality/sensitivity.
- Best practices for creating gender-diverse and inclusive organisations
Download the report here.